"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop"
Lewis Carroll (Alice in Wonderland)

November 01, 2011

NanoWriMo Journal

So, I've dusted off the cobwebs of my profile at nanowrimo, but I'm not sure I can take part in this (what will be my fifth nano). Last year's effort consisted of me changing my novel about one third of the way through. The worst thing about that is I ended up with 18,000 words of one story and 32,000 words of another, neither of which were finished, nor material that I ended up working with.

I'm apprehensive about this year, not because I don't have any ideas: just that we'll be soaking up some winter sun slap bang in the middle of it all, and I'm not particularly keen to give myself a daily deadline whilst we're away.

So, this year, I'm going to write, but probably not dance to the tune of nanowrimo. If I get to the target of 50,000 words, I'll be very surprised. November is a go-go month this year. We'll see what happens.

6 comments:

Jenna Cooper said...

Good luck! NaNo is definitely something else...I'm with you on the whole not getting to 50,000 words and not using anything I did write when I tried last time.

Allie Hammer said...

My experience of nano is that it's good for wordage, not so good for having something you can work with. I'd rather put my effort into either several or one project that will be more productive. Getting words on paper isn't usually my problem.

Shauna said...

yep. I'm changing the rules and will
write 3 short stories by December 30th.

Brandon Ax said...

I've never done it. I tend to write long anyway, the first story I finished came in at 115k. But it does seem weird to go with a dead line, maybe it is good practice.

jagbir said...

Usually, I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man. Best article I have ever read

Keep it up!

googlemediaseo said...


I liked your blog very much Digital Marketing By the next afternoon I'm kissing on the bit to bring it back. This is a great blogspot theme, where you can find the best themes and latest designs. very nice. But you know that this is the right time to start your business with Google Media Website Development

"Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing."
Oscar Wilde

Letters from the Edge:

Letter (n). Symbol or character used to represent speech.
Written or printed communication, transmitted by mail.
Edge (n). Line or border, brink or verge.
Edge (v). to put an edge on or sharpen. To rough ( a piece being forged) so that the bulk is properly distributed for final forging.